Last week (on Wednesday, 30 August) the first Nominees for the inaugural Samsung AACTA Awards were revealed – the nominees for Best Feature Length Documentary, Best Short Animation, Best Short Fiction Film. You can read about these films, and find production notes for them, over here on the AACTA website, but just as a reminder, here they are listed again. Congratulations to all those involved in these productions.
The Nominees are:
AACTA AWARD FOR BEST FEATURE LENGTH DOCUMENTARY
- Life In Movement. Sophie Hyde, Bryan Mason
- Mrs Carey’s Concert. Bob Connolly, Helen Panckhurst, Sophie Raymond
- Shut Up Little Man! An Audio Misadventure. Sophie Hyde, Matthew Bate
- The Tall Man. Darren Dale
AACTA AWARD FOR BEST SHORT ANIMATION
- Forget Me Not. Emily Dean
- The Missing Key. Garth Nix, Anna McFarlane, Jonathan Nix
- The Moment. Justin Wight, Kristian Moliere, Troy Bellchambers, Shane McNeil
- Nullarbor. Alister Lockhart, Patrick Sarell, Katrina Mathers, Merrin Jensen, Daryl Munton
AACTA AWARD FOR BEST SHORT FICTION FILM
- Adam’s Tallit. Justin Olstein, Marie Maroun
- Cropped. Bettina Hamilton, Dave Wade
- The Palace. Kate Croser, Anthony Maras, Andros Achilleos
- The Telegram Man. James F. Khehite, Victoria Wharfe McIntyre
AACTA and AFI members, as well as the film loving general public will be able to see these films on the big screen (along with the 23 Feature Films in Competition) at the Samsung AFI | AACTA Festival of Film, to be held in Sydney and Melbourne from 6 October to 14 November. The winners will be announced at the inaugural Samsung AACTA Awards to be held in Sydney in January 2012.
In subsequent blog posts we’ll look at each of the three categories, and showcase clips, posters, film stills and extra information on each of the nominated titles.
Tomorrow, we’ll take a closer look at the nominated Feature Length Documentaries. Stay tuned.